We reaffirm our commitment to supporting Belarusian civil society to maintain its relevance, and influence on processes in the country by raising awareness of social and political issues and maintaining and increasing its social capital on the ground in Belarus.
We are particularly interested in projects that:
- Offer ways for civil society organizations, initiatives and activists to synchronize their agendas to have a consistent approach towards social and political processes in country;
- Support Belarusian civil society to continue to influence social and political processes in Belarus, by creating and offering to the citizens an alternative, fact-based narrative of the ongoing developments in the country;
- Work directly with Belarusian citizens to gain enough knowledge and skills, and build a network of like-minded peers, to become active participants in the social and political processes in their country.
We are proud to be offering grants from 800 to 100,000 euros, to interventions lasting up to 12 months.
Who is eligible to apply:
- Belarusian civil society organizations, initiatives and groups regardless of their registration status.
- Working towards democratic development of Belarus.
What kind of projects may be supported?
Human rights-based approach (HRBA) serves as a basis for evaluating submitted projects. This approach involves empowering and enabling people to exercise their rights, while at the same time increasing accountability and capacities of institutions and individuals responsible for the provision of those rights. ForumCiv focuses on the responsibilities of governments to guarantee the human rights and civil liberties of their citizens and bring lasting structural changes to society.
Therefore, we support proposals that actively work towards sustainable changes in their societies at a local and/or national level, around social inclusion of discriminated people and active popular participation in decision-making, influencing the recognition and respect of human rights and enabling cross-sectorial and innovative cooperation with different actors.
The proposed project should plan starting in April or May 2023, and end no later than March or April 2024, respectively. The budget can be up to 100,000 euros.
How to apply?
To apply, click here and fill in our online concept note form.
The ideas for projects that are relevant for the context of Belarus and priorities of the Programme will be assessed within 2 weeks from the reception of the concept note. All applicants will be notified about the decision on Signal. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to fill in the full application form. The concept note and budget forms can be filled out in English, Russian or Belarusian languages
The call for applications is currently closed. Please check this page regularly not to miss any new calls for applications.