Are you passionate about global development issues and want to support Swedish organisations in their commitment for a just and sustainable world? ForumCiv is looking for a Programme Officer focusing on India/South Asia. You will work with assessing grant applications and reports. Moreover you will be engaged in networking, coaching and organising capacity development actitivies for Swedish organisations (who have partnerships with local organisations in India/South Asia).
The person we are looking for have a deep contextual knowledge of India/South Asia and experience of working in/with civil society organisations. Ability to read Swedish and experience from working/living in the region is an advantage.
You will be joining a motivated international team in a time when a lot of changes are taking place. The position is located at ForumCiv’s Head Office in Stockholm and you will report to the Head of the Swedish Partnership Programme Unit.
The position is full-time and permanent starting with 6 months probation period. Starting date for the position is 2 August 2021.
Key areas of responsibility
- Assess partnership applications and reports in accordance with ForumCiv’s framework for sub-granting.
- Monitor geographic contexts and/or thematic trends relevant to the sub-granting portfolio and prioritised areas of ForumCiv.
- Support Swedish organisations through networking, coaching and capacity development.
- Contribute to method development and learning
- Context knowledge of India/South Asia
- Relevant academic degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Programme management, Human Rights or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the development sector.
- Good understanding of the role of the civil society for/in development.
- Good ability to combine theory with operational work and perform qualified analysis and site visits.
- Good knowledge in project administration.
- Ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English.
- Work experience in south Asia, preferably India.
- Work experience in assessing programme and project applications and reports.
- Good knowledge in one or more of ForumCiv’s development perspectives and rights-based approach.
- Good knowledge on how CSOs are run.
- Ability to read Swedish.
ForumCiv supports equal opportunities for all and se the value of a diversed workplace. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
All personal data we receive at ForumCiv will be handled in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), read more here. By applying you agree to us storing any information you provide as part of your application.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and a short cover letter in English via email to [email protected] with the subject heading “Programme officer SPP” no later than 30th of April 2021.
8-10 shortlisted candidates will be called fo 30 minutes digital interviews, followed by in-depth interviews of a smaller number of selected candidates. The recruitment process is planned to be finalised in the beginning of June.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information, please contact:
Stefan Nilsson, Head of Swedish Partnership Programme Unit,
08-506 370 35, [email protected]
Unionen representative: Karin Gregow, 08-506 371 62
Saco representative: Claes Halvarsson, 08-506 371 35