Programme Officer (Sub-Granting) for Eastern Europe
ForumCiv is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. Our HQ is in Stockholm, we have Regional Offices in Eastern Europe, Eastern Africa, Latin America and country offices in Cambodia and Liberia. ForumCiv was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 140 member organisations.
ForumCiv Eastern Europe, based in Vilnius, Lithuania is responsible for design and implementation of programmes, advocacy and communication activities in the region of Western Balkans, Eastern Partnership countries and Central Asia.
We are recruiting Programme Officer (Sub-Granting) for Eastern Europe, (remote work with possible reallocation to Vilnius).
Areas of responsibility
- Primary responsibility of Programme Officer (Sub-Granting) is to manage and administer projects granted by Regional Office Eastern Europe. This includes but is not limited to:
- Assess programme and project applications and reports in accordance with guidelines.
- Assess and monitor the capacity of the applicant organisations to meet the administrative requirements and their compliance with the agreement.
- According to mandate, approve proposed deviations and reallocations within programme and projects.
- Contribute to the method development and learning of ForumCiv globally and in the RO.
- Contribute to and carry out capacity building activities.
- Represent ForumCiv towards external stakeholders when appropriate.
- Contribute to ForumCiv overall application and reporting processes to donors.
- Other tasks related to the work in the department/hub and delegated by line manager.
- Relevant academic degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Human Rights or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the development sector.
- Good understanding of the role of the civil society for/in development.
- Good contextual knowledge in socio-political and economical areas.
- Good knowledge in project administration.
- Good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English and Russian working languages.
- Integrity and good judgement.
- Cultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-solving analytical skills.
Send your Cv and motivation letter to [email protected]. Last day to apply for the position is the 25th of February.