Communication Assistant for Eastern Europe
ForumCiv is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights. Our HQ is in Stockholm, we have Regional Offices in Eastern Europe, Eastern Africa, Latin America and country offices in Cambodia and Liberia. ForumCiv was founded in 1995 and is the largest civil society platform in Sweden with about 140 member organisations.
ForumCiv Eastern Europe, based in Vilnius, Lithuania is responsible for design and implementation of programmes, advocacy and communication activities in the region of Western Balkans, Eastern Partnership countries and Central Asia.
We are recruiting Communication Assistant for Eastern Europe, (part time; remote work with possible reallocation to Vilnius).
Areas of responsibility
Primary responsibility of Communication Assistant (Sub-Granting) is to manage and administer Regional Office social media and external communication. This includes but is not limited to:
- Update the Regional Office social channels
- Provide updates to ForumCiv Global Communication Team
- Contribute stories from the region to the ForumCiv website
- Relevant academic degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, Human Rights or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way.
- Minimum 1 year of work, volunteer or internship experience in the development sector.
- Good understanding of the role of the civil society for/in development.
- Good contextual knowledge in socio-political and economical areas.
- Good knowledge in project administration.
- Good ability to express oneself orally and in writing in English and Russian working languages.
- Integrity and good judgement.
- Cultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-solving analytical skills.
Send your Cv and motivation letter to [email protected]. Last day to apply for the position is the 25th of February